Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Hogwarts Express left yesterday...

... I was not on it, but I am not so sad anymore. Magic is everywhere, all you have to do is look.

Woah, hello! It's September 2st!

I feel like it's already been a week since I last blogged, but it's only been a DAY! =O

School is now officially in full swing. Already had about six test and quizzes, and I have four more on Tuesday. Yaaaaaaaaaayyyy....

Who am I kidding, I love school.

There is one thing that I have noticed that I do not like, though. I don't remember if I told you guys this, but this year we are on a different schedule. In previous years, my school has had a wonderfully crazy, random schedule. Every single day the classes are in a different order, and you never had class with the same group of people in one week. This is scary at first, but it is a spetactular way to meet everyone in your grade. I kid you not when I say that by the third week of school, I knew almost everyone in my entire grade.

This year, we are on really boring block schedules *spits out phrase block schedules* This basically means that every. Single. Day. I am in the same exact class with the same exact people. And I've noticed something.

Every day I sit in the same spot. Perhaps not the exact same seat, but in the same specific area of each room. The last three years, since there were different people in each class, you moved around constantly, and I liked that. I hate feeling confined to the same seat, but already people have sort of sifted into their various positions in the classroom. Me no likey.

That's really all. It is an observation that came to me today. I was holed up in my room doing homework (since the downstairs area is FULL of distractions, and I had a paper to write). My cat decided to come be a distraction, though, and I succumbed to her will. So this realisation came to me while I was lying on my bed petting Maud and getting sleepy (it's dark outside because it's raining).

I find that I am most philosophical when I am falling asleep. Another observation.


With much love for thee,
Maggie


Something I learned today: My World Faiths class, taught by one of the most incredible people I've ever known, is one big, extended discussion on the things that fascinate and confuse us. I realised today that basically what we do in class is talk and share cool or intriguing life experiences. I LOVE it! And it makes me feel so much better about religion, which is something I've been uncomfortable with for several years.

2 comments:

  1. World Faiths sounds like it could be the greatest thing that has ever been taught. I will be petitioning my school board to get that course instated next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging = such a cool habit. YES.

    I'm sorry, but your previous schedule sounds SO WEIRD to me. I love sameness. But I guess I can see how it might be cool. But... weird. Okay. Mind blown, moving on. Good luck adjusting! :/

    -hugs-

    ReplyDelete