Monday, August 15, 2011

BEDA Day 15: An engineer, a soccer player, and a pyromaniac all walk into a bookstore

I am once again in a hotel room. This time I know exactly where I am, and it is not in a state with three sets of double letters.* I am in a town just outside of Des Moines, Iowa, and my family of five is en route to my next great adventure.

I am going to miss my family a lot, but we are having fun these last few hours together. We went to a Barnes and Noble to get a bit of light reading. 

When we got back to the hotel we divvied up the books we'd gotten from its bag. We all had to laugh at how predictable each of our purchases was.

My dad got a Science Fiction book, which is ALL he reads.
My mom got a knitting magazine. Have I shown you the socks, hats, and sweater in my suitcase? She made them for me.
I got a book about math.
Emily got a teen romance.**
Katie got a book titled "Warrior Women: 3000 years of Courage and Heroism."

Completely typical.

Until the 'morrow, my dear blog readers!


With literateness,
Maggie


*The last ones were Mississippi and Tennessee.

**When we were pointing out each other's choices, I said, "And Emily of course got a teen romance." She told me that it was not, in fact a teen romance. "Oh, well what is it then?" She looked at the book and said after a moment, "Well... it's a teen romance."

No comments:

Post a Comment