Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BEDA Day 17: Please silence all cellphones, pagers, or other noisy devices

Hello my dearest blog readers!

Today was my first full day on campus as a FRESHMAN. It was quite exciting. My roommate moved in, and I met her family, who is LOVELY. I think we are going to get on quite nicely.

I decided to get out of the way for a bit, so I grabbed my schedule of classes and went off on campus. I had a BARREL OF FUN trying to find the buildings that my classes were in without using a map. I located three of them on the first round, which felt successful, though I was starting to get hot and sweaty, and if you have been with me enough, dear blog readers, you will know that I get a wee bit cranky when I get hot and sweaty.

I had just found the building that my Calculus class will be in, and to my delight I discovered that the library is directly across from it. So, being the lured fish that I am, I allowed myself to be ensnared by the mystique of the books.* So I wandered inside and explored the many rooms and crevices. There are so VERY many places to study quietly, I nearly died on the spot. I mean, look at this room. LOOK AT IT.


And in addition to large silent study rooms such as the one depicted above, there are tiny little secret places to almost literally HIDE yourself. As I wandered around I kept thinking to myself, "Man, this would be a great place to hide from someone. Like your roommate, if she were bugging you. Or an assassin." Why I think these thoughts, I do not know.

And for now, my dear readers, I will leave it at that! What an excellent note to end it on.

With sore feet,
Maggie


*That was truly horrible imagery, and I apologize. Although I shan't delete it. You cannot make me, no you cannot.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh. Your school's library looks LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you never know when you might need to hide from an assassin.

    ReplyDelete