Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BEDA Day 3: A Story

Hello my dearest blog readers! I am blown to pieces and bits of fluff by your kind (and numerous, my gosh!) response to my half-hearted blog post yesterday. To you I respond: Thank you! But I can be so much weirder. Here is a link to an INCREDIBLY WEIRD questionnaire I did on facebook a year ago. Add me if we aren't already friends (but only if you comment! Otherwise I won't recognize your name).

In today's blog post, I am going to tell you a story. As some of you may remember, last year at the beginning of BEDA I was in Minnesota. Many of you may recall that my posts there were centered on the shenanigans my family got up to. Well, the exact same thing is going to happen today. Please prepare yourself for a story.

Two nights ago my family stayed in a hotel in Mississippi (which I thought was Tennessee until the next morning). My parents had one room, and my sisters and myself had another one down the hall. The three of us were walking to my parents room when we saw a hotel staff person exit my parents' room. When he saw us he laughed and said, "We were just talking about you!" My sisters and I nervously giggled and averted our eyes.

When we knocked on our parents' door, my dad opened it, saw us, and laughed. Then he began to tell us this story:

"Earlier I was expecting you girls to show up at the door, so when I heard a knock I walked over and said in a deep demonic voice, 'Who is it?' Your mom said, in shock, 'Honey... I think that is the manager...' So I opened the door, and this poor guy was standing there with a terrified look on his face. I started laughing and explained that I had been expecting my daughters, not him. Apparently he had never felt that threatened before."

I imagine that the manager, after being scared by my dad, was expecting three LITTLE girls. So when three teenaged ones walked up... well, he just learned sooner than most people that my family is weird.

With a video to make,*
Maggie


*A video for the collab channel I'm in, for those of you in the dark. It's me and 7 of some of my bestest internet friends. We think we are quality, but if you don't, we won't be offended. The videos are for ourselves and our other friends who aren't part of the channel.

3 comments: