Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Did you know... BEDA #25

... that frozen yogurt melts? I know, right?

I love starting school again. It's fun to see my new teachers and tread new paths down the hallways of the Academy.

One thing I don't like is that my school is a breeding ground for illness. Here are some reasons why:

1. The rigorous nature of our system naturally causes lots of stress, and stress weakens our immune systems.

2. Almost nobody wants to skip for illness, especially at the beginning of the year. When you miss a day or two of school, it is alarming how quickly you can fall behind on work.

3. By the time you're a sophomore, your personal bubble has shrunk a LOT. We are mentally and physically a very close student body.

4. You share almost everything with your friends. I had to slap my friends' hands away many times today at lunch before they sipped my juice box or dipped a celery stick in my ranch. Because guess what. I'm SICK. Already.

I'm sure you noticed the unstable state of my last blog. That's because my immune system ran cowering from the bacterial fight going on in my body. It ran away, and was shot in the back by a poison dart.

Okay, it's not that bad. I just have a cold.

My symptoms do give me interesting things to talk about. For example, I was in my Shakespeare class, which is taught by a new teacher. She is fairly young, and very chatty. She speaks almost as quickly as Hank, but not nearly as clearly. Today she was talking about how she was nervous for Back to School Night tomorrow. "The ones I've been to have just never been like this before and it's kind of stressful because I have to get all the stuff ready for me to talk about and I'm going to a funeral right after school up at the church and that's just stressful and I know I'm going to come back and be a mess! *very weird giggle*"

I just lost it. I looked at my friend Laura, who was sitting next to me, and we both started to laugh. The problem was that I couldn't stop. It kept escalating. I just had "... I'm going to come back and be a mess! *very weird giggle*" playing over and over in my sick, stuffed up head.

These are things that happen when I am sick. Other things include doing my homework, which often turns out badly. But, alas, it need be done before the morrow.


With tiny chickens,
Maggie


Something I learned today: When I read Maureen Johnson's blog today, I clicked on her playlist of happy songs. The song "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" was on a dancing game for Raving Rabbids (SO MUCH FUN). I realised I was dancing to the moves from the game. Yep. That's what I learned.

2 comments: